- Working Title :
- Data and Administrative Assistant
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Prospect Development and Analytics
- Salary :
- $34,000.00 - $37,000.00
- Reports To :
- Executive Director, Prospect Development and Analytics
- Experience Range :
- 2 to 5 Years
Data and Administrative Assistant
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
This is a full-time position ending in April 2013 and eligible for benefits.
The Data and Administrative Assistant provides a broad variety of data support services to the Prospect Development and Analytics (PDA) team. Provides direct administrative support to the Senior Director for Prospect Development and Analytics; provides additional support to the Associate Director of Prospect Development, the Associate Director of Analytics and the Associate Director of Research, as needed.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
Data Support (65%)
- Assist in the preparation of reports which assist PDA and other development staff in the submission, retrieval, and analysis of prospect and donor data, including modeling and screening data.
- Research, collect and analyze information needed to prepare ad hoc and scheduled reports for PDA staff:
- Create, modify and run ad hoc queries and reports, retrieving information from Business Objects, DAC-EIS and/or ResearchPoint database; secure assistance from Development Services staff as needed.
- Synthesize information gathered into easily understood media (i.e. charts, graphs, and PowerPoint presentations)
- Create or enhance the visual aspects of reports and presentation materials by:
- Identifying and adding appropriate graphic elements (pictures, clipart, charts, and graphs)
- Applying consistent formatting throughout documents and presentations
- Adding or adjusting design schemes to best fit message, information, and brand
- Advise and consult with PDA team members on reporting needs; anticipate, troubleshoot and make recommendations for best approach, as needed.
- Serve as a development community point of contact for the PDA department regarding data and reporting best practices and coordination.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times. Uphold departmental policies regarding confidential information. Adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines of both the University and the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
Administrative Support (30%)
- Maintain and coordinate calendars, schedule meetings, including logistical support such as selection of meeting venues, confirmation of services and meeting equipment; assist with meeting preparation, distribution of materials and follow-up.
- Assist the Executive Director and Associate Directors in arranging and preparing for meetings and presentations within the development community and preparing detailed data reports as needed. Provide support for prospect strategy meetings by compiling resources as needed.
- Produce meeting presentations using PowerPoint as directed.
- Assist in communicating with development staff on department processes, best practices and information resources.
- Make prospect tracking updates to the Development Alumni Constituency (DAC) database or the Donor and Alumni Relationship Tool (DART) as needed.
- Assist in documentation of all PDA business processes as needed.
Other duties and projects as assigned (5%).
- One to three years of office experience, preferably in a fundraising environment. A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced PC user: expert knowledge of MS Office 2007, specifically Excel and PowerPoint, required.
- Knowledge, experience or aptitude with MS Access or similar relational database systems required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of constituents, while operating in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and to display excellent judgment, while operating in a flexible and professional manner.
- Discretion when dealing with highly sensitive donor information and a focus on customer service are essential.
- Data analysis and data presentation skills required; some experience with data graphics (charts, graphs, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with Excel pivot tables preferred.
- Experience with Business Objects highly preferred.
Application Deadline: Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.