- Working Title :
- Web Developer and Content Manager
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Development Services - Reporting and Data Management, Information Technology
- Salary :
- $40,000 - $42,000
- Reports To :
- Assistant Director - Strategic Partners in e-Communications & Solutions
- Experience Range :
- 2 to 5 Years
Web Developer and Content Manager
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
The Web Developer and Content Manager works closely with internal and external, technical and non-technical customers within the University fundraising community, to identify, test and implement new solutions and provide technical support. The ideal candidate is a self starter, already proficient with various Web and Data technologies and has experience utilizing social media and Web 2.0 skills.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys and is interested in “getting under the hood” of a web CMS application, learning how to use it, how to troubleshoot errors, and how to optimize it to achieve the best performance.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
Electronic Media Production (75%)
* Configure content in a variety of electronic media using tools such as Blackbaud NetCommunity (HTML/CSS based content management system), Drupal 7.0, Wordpress.
* Work closely with team to develop e-communications, build event registrations and create measurement reports and event reporting in Blackbaud Sphere and Blackbaud NetCommunity.
* Provide technical support to assist Web & Data Integration.
* Write, modify, review and present guidelines and documentation; disseminate best practices within the organization.
* Provide technical knowledge transfer to project team members and users.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field, and 2-3 years experience in a similar position.
* Strong experience with concepts and tools related to the internet. Proven experience with HTML & CSS.
* Understanding of content management systems (CMS)
* Excellent technical, verbal and written communication, organizational skills and demonstrated ability to provide effective customer service to a diverse group of people.
* Proven ability to work independently, assume responsibility, exercise good judgment and communicate effectively.
* Effective time management, problem solving and analytical skills.
* Intermediate to Advanced Photoshop skills
* Previous Experience with Google Analytics (or search engine optimization), Blackbaud Sphere or other online fundraising tools, content management systems such as Drupal, Wordpress or Sharepoint; mobile development, HTML 5, asp.net
* Experience in a multi-developer environment (development, testing, production) and experience with subversion/git
* Familiar with agile methodology, test driven development, automated testing
* Self-starter and quick learner
* Desire to learn the mission, goals and objectives of both the University of Michigan, as well as those of the Office of University Development and work in ways that help us achieve these. Desire to enhance and improve the University of Michigan’s position as an international leader in development.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.