- Working Title :
- Administrative Assistant Associate
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Reports To :
- Associate Director of Annual Giving, Telefundraising Programs
- Experience Range :
- 2 to 5 Years
Administrative Assistant, Marketing and University Annual Giving, Telemarketing Programs
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
The Michigan Telefund call center is responsible for close to $3 million in annual gifts and employs over 100 students. It is an automated center that calls on behalf of the University, its campuses and units.
The Administrative Assistant will manage the administrative functions of the Office of University Development’s, Telemarketing Program. This position will also provide direct and proactive support to the Associate and Assistant Directors, Telemarketing Programs. Some evening work will be required in conjunction with calling shifts.
This position works in an environment dedicated to advancing the mission of OUD and of the university, and in building positive and meaningful relationships with co-workers and constituents.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
50% Office Management, Financial and General Administrative Duties and Responsibilities.
- Provide administrative office support for Telefund office; manage and organize office systems, processes files, and workflow.
- Manage temporary staff projects, searches, and new employee on boarding processes.
- Manage production and distribution of pledge cards and next day e-mail communication to donors
- Responsible for the delivery of reports to units and Annual Giving staff members
- Coordinate with Development Services to ensure timely and accurate data uploads
- Process and maintain credit card pledge information and other gift and pledge related data
- Maintain and report budget data including records of expenditures
- Management and supervision of p-card receipts and associated documentation.
- Maintain Telefund contact lists.
- Assist in resolution of departmental operating problems
- Manage and maintain the network shared drive for Telefund office
- Manage calendars for all-staff meetings
- Assist in preparation of data requests, monthly reports, fiscal year end reports and other statistical reports as needed.
- Manage invoice process for all Telefund projects:
- Submit PO requests/invoices to Finance and Administration Office.
- Process internal invoices/recharge for Unit Telefund projects.
- Communicate charges to appropriate Telefund staff.
- Assist with scheduling student callers.
- Manage timesheet distribution and electronic time entry.
- Distribute timesheets to all employees, ensure timesheets are correctly completed, approved and forwarded to Finance and Administration.
25% Administrative Support to Telemarketing Associate Director and Assistant Director.
- Manage and maintain calendars, schedule meetings; anticipate needs and exercise discretion and judgment as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support for ongoing projects.
- Organize meetings and relevant materials on behalf of the Director including but not limited to: Telefund Team Retreats, meetings with unit-based annual giving staff.
- Obtain, prepare and organize background materials, agendas, and minutes for various meetings as requested; maintain appropriate follow-up.
- Review, sort and monitor incoming mail; initiate necessary follow-up for Director and Associate Director.
- Coordinate travel arrangements including air and ground transportation and hotel arrangements as needed.
15% Participates in the ongoing stewardship of donors utilizing a donor centric approach:
- Responds to and routes donor inquiries and concerns as appropriate
- Considers and applies methods for donor acknowledgement and education
- Responsible for constituent communication and response – draft emails and written correspondence.
5 % Proactively maintain knowledge of current trends in the Annual Giving field:
- Participates in peer networking opportunities
- Participates in professional education opportunities
- Monitors Annual Giving trade publications and websites
5% Additional Duties:
- Assist with training and orientation of new Telefund staff members
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of office experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Curiosity and thirst for knowledge.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Experience with Word, Excel and Power Point; Knowledge or expertise with Access, Filemaker or similar database systems, including experience and aptitude with relational databases; Specialized applications: DAC/DART, EIS
- Project management skills, including organizing tasks and materials.
- Discretion when dealing with highly sensitive information and a focus on customer service.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and display excellent judgment, while operating in a flexible and professional manner.
- Experience in a fundraising environment.
- Reasonable knowledge and experience with MPathways.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.