- Working Title :
- Associate Stewardship Officer
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Event Planning, Fundraising - Annual Giving, Stewardship
- Reports To :
- General Manager
- Experience Range :
- 2 to 5 Years
Associate Stewardship Officer
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
Responsible for assisting the General Manager with the overall operation of the annual giving, stewardship and events program at the Office of Student Publications and processing gifts. This position will focus on maintaining and improving relationships with alumni, the effectiveness of solicitations for annual gifts and will manage the stewardship program. The Stewardship Officer will provide special event assistance and will write acknowledgement letters for the General Manager.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
In conjunction with the General Manager, maintain and improve the annual fund gift program:
* Coordinate efforts with the University Annual Fund Office
* Coordinate and manage the direct mail and the annual calendar of solicitations
Maintain and improve a consistent alumni relations, stewardship, gift processing, and acknowledgement letter process. This includes but is not limited to:
* Create and mail periodic alumni e-newsletters
* Write individualized acknowledgement letters and coordinate process with the Office of University Development
* Oversee the processing of all gifts coming into the Office to ensure timely and accurate acknowledgement in collaboration with the General Manager.
* Develop, implement, and maintain Office policies and procedures for gift processing and stewardship
* Prepare informative and timely gift reports for Development and Office use
* Collaborate with the General Manager in identifying appropriate recognition for major donors including individual mementos and donor recognition
* Prepare annual stewardship reports to individual donors regarding information on endowment and scholarship funds
* As reasonably requested by the Board, attend meetings of the Board and provide periodic updates of annual giving, stewardship and related activities.
Partner with the Development Office staff in special donor recognition events throughout the year both on-campus and off-campus. This includes but is not limited to:
* Ensure donors are notified and encouraged to attend Office of Student Publication events
* Manage the annual scholarship and post-commencement receptions
* Develop and direct special events to increase participations levels
* Create new opportunities for donor recognition and involvement
*Extensive knowledge and working experience with personal computers and databases
*Excellent written and verbal communication skills
*Demonstrated superior interpersonal and teamwork skills
*Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
*2 - 3 years experience in fundraising, marketing, public relations, communications, or a related field
*Experience with database management
*Knowledge of University systems desirable
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.