- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Salary :
- $30,000.00 - $32,000.00
- Reports To :
- Assistant Managers, Planned Gift Services
- Date Posted :
- Experience Range :
- 0 to 2 Years
Gift Planning Associate
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
The Gift Planning Associate will provide general administrative support for the Office of Gift Planning, and targeting administrative duties for the Planned Giving Services, including the University’s life income, bequest, and gifted life insurance programs.
This position works in an environment dedicated to advancing the mission of OUD and of the university, and in building positive and meaningful relationships with co-workers and customers.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
40% Coordinate administration of bequest intentions
- Record bequest data in development database
- Route documentation and communicate with school, college and units
- Assist with communications regarding new gift expectancies and realized bequest, including responding to inquiries and preparation of monthly reporting
- Research and coordinate bequest discrepancies with schools, colleges, and units
- Assist with rolling three-year bequest intention update process
- Assist with implementing plan for active bequest intentions on inactive individual records
30% Perform administrative duties for the Office of Gift Planning and the Planned Giving Services Team
- Partner with Gift Planning staff in drafting and distributing related correspondence
- Enter data in donor and planned gift administration databases
- Assist with distribution of quarterly planned gift distributions
- Prepare cash receipts and deposits
- Create reports and mailing list using EIS, Gift-Wrap, and Business Objects
- Provide phone coverage for the Office of Gift Planning
- Set-up meetings and appointments for Gift Planning staff
- Maintain and provide organizational details for planned giving services meetings
- Coordinate maintenance and organization of Planned Giving Services procedures
- Order office supplies
- Record contacts in development database
20% Participate in the administration of the University’s portfolio of gifted life insurance policies
- Assist with the review and update of cash surrender values for all gifted life insurance policies through database, which serves as the University’s “book of record”
- Process premium payments, and dividend payments and assist with policy surrenders
- Record life insurance gift details into development database
- Assist with stewardship efforts and participate in distribution of premium payment notices
10% Manage filing system for the Office of Gift Planning. This includes but is not limited to:
- Develop and document retention policies
- Maintain and oversee electronic and paper filing systems
- Coordinate work assignments for student work study
5% Perform other duties as required or assigned
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to three years of office experience
- Strong organizational skills, and experience with complex filing systems
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong detail orientation
- Focus on customer service and excellent phone skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Discretion when dealing with highly sensitive information
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and display excellent judgment, while operating in a flexible and professional manner
- Willing to work flexible schedule during peak seasons
- Experience and aptitude with relational databases.
- Two to three years of office experience with legal or financial services exposure with strong customer service focus.
- Familiarity with university systems.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.