- Working Title :
- Recruitment Coordinator
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Human Resources
- Salary :
- 33,000 - 35,000
- Reports To :
- Associate Director, Recruitment & Human Resources
- Experience Range :
- 2 to 5 Years
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
Supervises directly: Supervision of students and temporary staff, as needed.
Position summary: Responsible for providing administrative, recruitment and project-related assistance to the Recruitment and Human Resources (RHR) team, Talent Management, Finance and Administration (TMFA). The Recruitment Coordinator also works collaboratively with the TMFA Team, and with the Executive Assistant to the Assistant Vice President for Talent Management.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and Recruitment Support (60%):
Responsible for coordination of all steps associated with the screening, interviewing and hiring processes for the Assistant Vice President, Director, and Associate Director. This includes but is not limited to:
- Manage all stages of the screening and interview process, which may include coordination of applicant questionnaire processes, complex travel and hotel arrangements, campus tours for out of town candidates, and web based interviews.
- Prepare and correspond with candidates by phone and email or U.S. mail.
- Manage and update all candidate information through the interview process in the recruitment database, in electronic files and on recruiters' calendars.
- Manage and track recruitment processes and procedures to ensure for completion, accuracy and consistency.
- Partner closely with the TM administrative pool in managing the assigned work flow of specified administrative recruitment duties and responsibilities.
- Assist the recruiting team in reviewing and screening resumes.
Responsible for managing the recruitment of administrative and early career searches, as assigned. This includes but is not limited to:
- Provide counsel and recommendations to the hiring manager regarding position responsibilities and creation or update of position description.
- Manage the applicant and resume review process and screen applicants to provide hiring manager with highest quality candidates.
- Perform first and third-round interviews , provide feedback to hiring manager, and communicate with candidates.
- Provide salary recommendations to assist hiring manager in presenting a competitive and equitable salary offer.
- Evaluate each search based on feedback from hiring manager and implement recommendations and improvements as appropriate.
Responsible for managing the temporary recruitment process for the Office of University Development. This includes but is not limited to:
- Serve as the liaison between OUD hiring managers and the TMFA team, updating the Comings and Goings document and monitoring start and end dates for temporary employees.
- Maintain the Dev Net page for temporary hires and direct hiring managers to the site to help them through the temporary hiring process.
- Provide support to the Executive Assistant to the Assistant Vice President for Development as necessary to manage temporary student hires.
Recruiting and Human Resources Metrics (15%):
Manage the File Finder database and the maintenance and distribution of RHR's regular metrics and reports. This includes but is not limited to:
- Serve as the point person for File Finder; facilitating training, troubleshooting and coordinating with Filefinder and Development Services IT partners on the ongoing upgrades to the database, including suggestions and implementation for process improvements.
- Run monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- RHR Recruitment Summary Report
- RHR Vacant Position Report
- Interview Totals Report
- Manage other reports as needed.
Proactive Recruitment Project Management (15%):
Oversee the development of a local, regional, and national talent pool for professional and support staff within development. This includes but is not limited to:
- Coordination of proactive recruitment strategy, which includes utilization of traditional media and social media tools (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter), conducting research and assisting in outreach to prospective candidates.
- Assist in managing RHR's presence at external conferences, including pre and post-conference strategy and evaluation.
- Support recruiters when attending local, regional and national conferences.
- Manage logistics, assist and participate as needed in various internal and external career fairs and networking events.
TMFA Team Activity Support (10%):
Manage TMFA team's marketing communication vehicles for both internal and external development community. This includes but is not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the Associate Director, Recruitment and Human Resources, as needed.
- Manage TMFA's contribution to the development community newsletter, "In the Know," on monthly basis.
- Partner with Associate Director in the annual job description update and review process for OUD.
- Participate in rotation schedule of the OUD Reception Desk back-up coverage, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of constituents, while operating in a fast-paced customer service driven environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to set priorities; handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and to display excellent judgment, while operating in a flexible and professional manner.
- Experienced PC user; Windows based software, experience with Word and Excel required, and with Access preferred.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of material that is sensitive in nature.
- At least two years administrative and human resources experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with University of Michigan guidelines and policies.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.