- Working Title :
- Web Developer and Content Manager
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Development Services - Information Technology
- Salary :
- $35,000 - $40,000
- Reports To :
- Applications Programmer Analyst
- Experience Range :
- 2 to 5 Years
Web Developer and Content Manager
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
The Web Content Manager works closely with internal and external, technical and non-technical customers within the University fundraising community, to identify, test and implement new solutions and provide technical support. The ideal candidate is a self starter, already proficient with various Web and Data technologies and has experience utilizing social media and Web 2.0 skills.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide technical support to assist Web & Data Integration.
* Work closely with team to develop e-communications, build event registrations and create measurement reports and event reporting in BB Sphere
* Update content in a variety of electronic media such as the U-M online giving and websites as well as BB Sphere and other production tools.
Social Media (15%)
* Identify, test and implement new ways for U-M to engage with current students, alumni and donors.
* Write, modify, review and present guidelines and documentation.
* Provide technical knowledge transfer to project team members and users.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a field related to social media/ marketing/ communication, business information or Web 2.0 technologies
* Proven ability to create and implement social media campaigns using various outlets (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, mobile etc.). Past experience can be from previous employment, relevant coursework, volunteer work/ community service or experience with student or community organizations.
* Excellent technical, verbal and written communication, organizational skills and demonstrated ability to provide effective customer service to a diverse group of people.
* Proven ability to work independently, assume responsibility, exercise good judgment and communicate effectively.
* Effective time management, problem solving and analytical skills
* Basic to Intermediate Photoshop skills
* Familiarity with Google Analytics, Blackbaud Sphere or other online fundraising tools, content management systems such as Drupal, Wordpress or Sharepoint.
* Self-starter and quick learner
* Desire to learn the mission, goals and objectives of both the University of Michigan, as well as those of the Office of University Development and work in ways that help us achieve these. Desire to enhance and improve the University of Michigan?s position as an international leader in development.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.