- Working Title :
- Administrative Assistant, Finance & Administration
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Finance and Administration
- Salary :
- $9,600 - $10,200
- Reports To :
- Assistant Director, Finance and Administration
- Experience Range :
- 2 to 5 Years
This is a temporary assignment.
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a part time (30%) appointment/12 hours per week, with scheduled hours: Wednesday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Thursday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., and Friday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
***Term Position for 18 months***
The Administrative Assistant will provide financial and administrative support for the Office of Finance and Administration within the Office of University Development (OUD).
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
* Maintain department HR/personnel files which includes handling confidential information.
* Track receipt of Conflict of Interest/Conflict of Commitment and Offer/Acceptance Letters. Work with OUD Recruitment Team to ensure all have been received.
* Prepare OUD new employee packet.
* Send new employee welcome email with required PCard and Payroll information.
* Process selected department Purchase Order (PO) requisitions. Monitor PO status for expiration, and collaborate with Business Coordinator, OUD department and Procurement to renew PO if needed.
* Monitor and review payment status for all PO and Non-PO vouchers on weekly basis and follow-up with Procurement when needed.
* Maintain Finance & Admin electronic Purchase Order and Non-PO voucher files.
* Run monthly cash receipt (FN03) report to reconcile against Finance & Admin cash receipts.
* Monitor and update OUD key inventory.
* Maintain OUD telephone contact tree, staff emergency contact card updates, and other emergency tools.
* Using University of Michigan on-line Market-site order office supplies for Finance & Administration.
Other Administrative Duties for F&A
* Ensure department mail is handled twice daily.
* Attend team and administrative support meetings.
* Other projects and duties as required or assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
* Two years of professional administrative office experience.
* Ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of constituents, while operating in a fast-paced, proactive customer service environment.
* Must be a team player and thrive in a collaborative environment.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, MS Word and Excel).
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines and display excellent judgment while operating in a flexible and professional manner; strong ability to multitask while remaining focused is essential.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to maintain highly confidential information and use excellent judgment on a variety of sensitive subjects.
* Working knowledge and experience with University of Michigan systems including MPathways and Business Objects.
* Familiarity with University of Michigan guidelines and policies.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.